Our Plan for Bolton in 2021 is simple. It's about creating a place that we're all proud to call home. It's about putting an end the ways of the past. It's about looking to the future. And here's how we'll do it:
1. Prioritise a local economic recovery. We will kickstart the construction projects that will transform our towns, supported by high-quality jobs and apprenticeships to promote prosperity and provide a better standard of living for you and your family.
2. More money for road improvements. We will build on our strong record of investment and take immediate action on tackling potholes while re-surfacing more roads and pavements, to benefit motorists and pedestrians.
3. Protecting our precious Greenbelt. We will use Brownfield sites on which to build our much needed housing and maintain our commitment to enhance our green spaces, protecting your local environment, for you and your family to enjoy.
4. A cleaner and greener borough. We will prosecute fly-tippers, litter louts, and all those who blight our environment, alongside additional investment in order for us to restore pride in our area, creating a more attractive place to live.
5. Supporting those in most genuine need. We will create targeted support based on evidence rather than favouritism, in partnership with the voluntary sector, focused on tackling poverty and getting people into work or training.
6. A fairer, efficient and more transparent Council. We will be fully accountable with open decision making, bringing an end to Labour decisions like ASONS and further commit to introducing fair funding to benefit the whole borough of Bolton.